Topic: Visitors
View Single Post
April 13th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to say, everyone in our life with both of our kids were really respectful of us and phoned Ty first to ask if baby and mama were up for visitors. With Abby I had her at 11:45pm and I don't think anyone came to see me until after noon the next day - I had showered, was dressed, Ty was out running errands and baby I were lounging. With Bennett we called my mom to bring Abby and she came an hour after I had him and Ty took Abby shopping for Ben, so mom cuddled baby while I showered and "prettied" myself, and then helped me haul all our stuff from the labour suite to our room. Company started rolling in shortly after, but again they called first. I def am not one to want people piling in while I'm all nasty and still being stitched though

I don't know how anyone could be angry for you asking for a bit of time.... a day or two your baby is still going to be a baby, it won't grow up on them

Ty and I did have a rule with both births, we asked for no children guests, and once we got home we let everyone know you had to be 18+ to hold the baby. It was just easier to have the rule then telling germy preschoolers no, and letting older children. Again, no complaints from anyone.