View Single Post
April 15th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you ladies had a nice weekend. We are extremely busy, all the time. Our 7 yr old son is very energetic and I would love to take him places and do kid stuff all the time. But we have a small farm, and his help is needed. So we have him outside splitting and stacking wood, clearing brush, feeding chickens and moving hay and getting the gardens ready for planting.

This past weekend was more of the same, clearing the berry gardens and marking berry plants, cleaning the yards, taking care of the young chickens and building the chicken tractors for our meat chickens that have yet to arrive. Our flower and vegetable gardens need to be cleared and the herb gardens need to be prepped. It's a lot of work and I'm grateful for it because it keeps me physically active and my mind busy.

Still there are moments when I think "I shouldn't be lifting this 50 lb bag of chicken feed, because right now, I should be almost 5 mos pregnant". But I force myself to think of something else and make an effort to change the subject in my mind.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013