View Single Post
April 15th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Semi-crunchy Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by psboden View Post
I have one of these too, it makes me very nervous.

purrr (sorry I don't see your name ) Mine is kind of opposite the baby, it was discovered at my 6w3d us and I'm 7w2d today. The baby is around 10 0clock in the sac and the SCH goes from about the 7 to the 4, below the sac. Does that mean its not directly under the placenta? I haven't had any bleeding or spotting, not sure if that's good or not.
I have no idea... also, the shape and position of the SCH can change too. With my first pregnancy, I only had a tiny bit of spotting with my SCH and it just kind of went away. From what I understand, the ones found in early pregnancy have a good chance of just reabsorbing on their own. The more advanced ultrasound machines get, the better they are at spotting SCHs, and they're finding a lot of women have them and they're a common cause of spotting during the first trimester.

Will they be doing another US to check on it? You should ask them then. Depending on their machine, they might be able to tell you if it's actively bleeding or a clot of old blood too.

My Boring Blog