View Single Post
September 7th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a great site, you've done a lovely & very classy job with it! I've bookmarked your links page for future use, it looks like you have a bunch of places on there I haven't yet discovered myself. The internet is such a wonderful resource for homeschooling... I'm not even sure how parents managed before it! LOL

I hope to be putting a site for my son together sometime in the next few months to track our progress for friends & family.

My son is a whiz (if I may toot my own horn LMBO! ), and showed signs of it very early (he knew his letters, numbers, colors & shapes before his 2nd birthday, for example), that is one of the many reasons why I chose to homeschool him; he'd be so bored in regular school that I think it would greatly hinder his potential.

We'll be doing a multiplication review tomorrow. He was actually grasping basic cross mulitplication (!!) this spring before we stopped formal schooling for the year. He picked up on reading much sooner than math, but once he started really getting a few basic math concepts, he took right off in that field, too. His comprehension level in all areas is between 2nd-3rd grade, and he would be entering kindergarten this year age-wise if he were put into school, so with homeschooling, I have the freedom to teach him on his level, which is just a blessing.