View Single Post
April 15th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Love is in the Air!
I am going to have to post this in parts, due to a funny and needy 2yo.

My name is Leslie and I will be turning 41yo on July 28th. I have been married to David for over 16 years and we have 2 sons, Ryan and Liam. I have an AA degree in Behavioral Sciences. I graduated college while pregnant with Ryan. I am looking into getting my BA in Education soon.

I was baptized as a Lutheran and raised knowing there was a Christian God. My parents never forced church and I actually went and explored church myself through friends. I went to many different types of Christian churches in my 4o years. I have even attended a shabbat. I became Catholic and had my marriage blessed in 2001. In the months to come after that I started to question why so many times. Nothing added up for me. I went on a search to find my true soul placement and I found it in Paganism.

I have been pregnant 3 times. My 1st pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks in 1997. I tried for many years to get pregnant and went to many doctors and had no success.

In 2005, David got a job that offered medical benefits and was making decent money. In August 2006, I went in for my first IUI and it failed. In January 2007, we tried again. I had 3 eggs that were mature enough. I was told almost 10 years to the day after my miscarriage that I was pregnant again. At 8 weeks, I started spotting for 3 days. I thought it was over again. I went on bed rest. The OB and RE determined it was the 2 unfertilized eggs sloughing off. I was still pregnant, Yeah! The rest of my pregnancy was wonderful. I had no morning sickness, no heartburn, or gest. diabeties. I did start to have high bp in week 36, so I was induced 2 weeks later. Ryan was born with his cord around his neck and I wasn't clotting fast enough. My OB ordered blood, but never used it. Ryan was laid on my chest and I sang to him. I gave birth to Ryan at 8:03pm and my post partum room number was 2003. The number 8 is a big thing.

As time went on, life was good. My cycles have never been normal, so I never know when things will start up. My cycle that ended in a miscarriage began on December 9th and that is my deceased father's birthday. In the years after the miscarriage, my cycle never started on that fateful day until 2009. The day my cycle started, I told David to not have sex with me this month or we are going to get pregnant. i knew it. David said, "It took 10 years and lots of money to get pregnant with Ryan, so you don't know what you are talking about." I reminded him about the spare bedroom in our new house we bought in November 2006 and how I told him it would be a nursery soon and not a guest room." He still didn't believe me, so In mid-January 2010, I called him and told him, "I told you so DADDY!" This pregnancy was different. I had morning sickness, I passed out once at 8 weeks, I was on modified bed rest due to blood pressure and passing out. I also had a root canal at 32 weeks pregnant. I was induced at 37 weeks due to blood pressure. Liam was a hard birth. I was in labor for days. The doctors were talking C-section. I told them no. I said give me an epidural and watch out. They gave me an epidural on day 3 of labor at 4cm and I gave birth a few hours later. When I am in pain, I freeze and tense up.

After Liam's birth, I got the Essure procedure done. We weren't going to be able to afford any more babies. We thought Ryan was going to be are one and only. Surprise, Liam joined our family.

Part 2 coming.....