View Single Post
April 15th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Love is in the Air!
Part 3....

My mom was my rock. My father was mental, emotionally, verbally abusive and sometimes physical. My parents both drank heavily. My mom smoked cigarettes a lot. My mom came from an alcoholic abusive home. She never stood up to her husbands, she just drank more to hide the pain.

In 1989/1990, the alcohol won the battle and my mom died with sepsis of her liver and a shunt infection. On April 7, 1990, my mother went to live with God in Heaven.

As the 1st year passed after my mother's death, life changed for my father and I. I graduated high school, turned 18yo, and I blamed my father's abuse for my mother's death. I look like my mother. My father one day because he didn't like what i did stopped talking to me for 3 days. I had enough of his abuse and I told him so. I told him that I was bigger than him and he taught me how to shoot a gun, so he better watch out. After that day, my father asked for forgiveness from me. I gave it to him. We started building our relationship again and I really loved and respected my father. There was a reason God took my mother to Heaven in 1990.

My dad and I lived together until I got married. After I got married to David, my dad moved to FL to live with my eldest sister and her family. In July 2000, right before my 28th birthday, my father was having a 1 hour layover in Houston on his way back to FL from CA. During his CA trip, he asked his ex-inlaws for forgiveness over the way he treated his 2nd wife. They gave it to him. Yeah! David had to go to work the morning of the layover and we weren't going to be able to meet up with my Dad at the airport. I stayed up all night trying to figure out a way to go and make everything work while David slept. I even tracked my dad's flight on the computer. David woke up as his alarm sounded and found me staring at my computer watching an airplane flash on the screen. David asked what I was doing and had I been up all night. I told him yes and what I was doing. He told me, "You stayed up all night?! There must be something going on. We are going to the airport. I am calling in sick." I didn't argue. We went to the airport and saw my dad. I asked him jokingly for a pair of shoes for my birthday in a few days. My dad said of course. LOL! Less than a month later, my SIL called to tell me that my Dad was dead. His legs gave out and he hit his head on the bathroom counter while he was using the restroom. On August 15, 2000, my father passed away due to blunt trauma to his head.

Ryan Alexander is named after Goddess Rhiannon. Alexander just sounded strong with Ryan.

William David is named after his grandfathers. William is my dad and David is David's dad. We call William, Liam, because my dad went by Bill and I don't like all the other nicknames.

Leslie

Last edited by TreeTog; April 15th, 2013 at 11:35 AM.