Topic: Why again?
View Single Post
April 16th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Just keep breathing.
Thank you for the good thoughts and reply. Yes, I had a full RPL workup. No clotting disorders, lupus anti-coagulant, anti-phospholipid antibodies. Chromosomes from both babies were normal. I have been slightly hypothyroid for years, but have been on synthroid and my levels were just fine throughout. I do have a single MTHFR mutation- the A1293C- which does not generally increase blood clotting problems when it's just one mutation (as opposed to 2) but I've been taking low-dose aspirin anyway, ok'd by my doc.

My internet research is leading me in a new direction- I'm wondering about a ureaplasma infection. It's a bacteria that can cause recurrent mc. I don't know about the first loss, but with the second- and now this one- I believe/d I have some kind of vaginal infection. Sorry tmi- a strong ammonia smell to my discharge. I was treated for utis twice, just based on symptoms- though the uti cultures came back clear. Just last week I was screened for BV, and given antibiotics based on symptoms- and just yesterday got the final culture results and those were clear. Ureaplasma isn't tested by most BV scans- you have to do a special culture for it. This would explain all my vaginal symptoms, as well as the miscarriages. I'm going to call my doc first thing in the morning.

I may just be grasping at straws- but at this point, any road I can pursue is worth it.