Topic: Weight gain
View Single Post
April 16th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm on 2 week appointments now. I had my first one after 2 weeks on Monday and I had only gained a pound in that 2 weeks, which puts me at 21 total. If I could keep it under 30, I would be really happy with that. I was overweight when I got pregnant and my doctor had said she only wanted me to gain 10-15 pounds, which was I was going along with well until I hit a couple of months there where I was just so hungry all the time. I gained about 5 lbs in the 1st trimester and then like 15 in the 2nd pretty much. So, I'm over what she told me, but I haven't gotten a lecture from her, which I kind of expected! But I knew with my body and the way that I lose & gain weight that I probably wouldn't stay in her guidelines. I have to workout a lot in order to keep from gaining weight and I've had to cut out so much of my workout routine. I'm honestly surprised it isn't more than that. But I am ok with 21 lbs so far and would be fine with 30-35 total, which I think is reasonable. I guess we will see what happens by the end!