View Single Post
April 17th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Jennifer, we will also be parkin' it most of today. Thank goodness for clear sunny skies.

My SIL is my dh's sister. She lives quite near us so we will be able to help out and hang out to keep her company. She doesn't have kids and has a devoted roommate and girlfriend and a large, supportive network of friends so at least there's that. We have already been over to play games to distract her and cheer her up.

But when it rain, it pours. We got another blow of bad news yesterday. The building that where dh's studio is has sold the entire floor they are on and so they are being evicted, summer at the latest. They have a commercial lease so they really have no protection. The winter has been pretty slow for them but they have lots of work booked for summer and fall. Opening the studio in a new location will be a considerable time and financial investment. It is a giant stress and hurdle, to say the least. Dh is exploring some ideas and I am just trying to pretend that everything is ok. Blah.

But, it's a nice sunny day, so, hurray. I need a new pair of sandals. How about you? I'm finding it hard to chose a style, I don't trust myself anymore. Don't want to chose a frumpy mom shoe but also don't want to look like a mom trying to pull off a look that's too young for her. You know? What are you all wearing on your feet this summer?