Topic: 1st and 2nd
View Single Post
April 17th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is all very encouraging for me - I had such a long, hard labour with DD, that I'm praying for an easier time with this baby.

With DD, I had gone into work on Friday morning already having uncomfortable contractions, and told DH to be ready to come pick me up from work before the end of the day. By lunchtime the contractions were painful enough that I couldn't concentrate on my work anymore and my boss told me to go home. DH came and picked me up and I was certain that I'd be holding a new baby in my arms by later that night. We went home and called the midwife to let her know what was going on. She came by to check on me, and I was only 3 cm dilated. It took me 2 full days of painful, regular contractions to get to 8 cm. By Sunday evening I was beyond exhausted, hadn't eaten or slept in two days, and I was begging them to take me to the hospital and just get it over with. My water still hadn't broken, so my midwife broke my water for me. Everything got really intense after that, but even so I had to push for about 2 more hours. DD was born just before 8 pm on Sunday night.

So yeah...you can probably see why I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a quicker second labour!