View Single Post
April 17th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Regular
This is my first year of homeschooling that I didn't enroll in Seton's program. The program had a lot of work and requirements, but I loved their books. I'm mainly interested in finding other programs, so I can research them and make a good decision on Emelie's future. Seton is a good program and after researching other programs I might return to Seton. Seton is located only 1/3 of a mile from my home, so I've been able to sit in the book room and look through all the books in the 7th, 8th, and high school program. I know that I won't have this available to me when I research the other programs.

Abeka is a program that was used at the private school the girls attending last year. I found that Abeka is over a year behind Seton, and Emelie progressed very little over that year in school. She was homeschooled from 2nd to 4th grade with Seton. Seton is extremely advanced and that is why I didn't re-enroll the girls in the program this year, I was worried that Emelie would struggle due to missing a year of the program. I've spent this year trying to get her back to the Seton standards by using their books.

I know that there are more good programs and that is why I feel that I need to research more programs. I basically live in a community that uses Seton because it is part of our community. I prefer Catholic programs, but I'm open to looking at all programs.

Thank-you you for the insight on Seton, It is good to see that others outside of my area have good thoughts about the program.

I really regret putting the girls in the private school last year.