View Single Post
April 17th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Super Mommy
This is my cloth diaper stash so far:

I have:

4 BG OS AIO
2 BG 4.0 OS Pockets
1 Charlie Banana Pocket

6 Happy Heinys Mini OS Pockets (5-15lbs)
4 Blueberry Mini Coveralls (6-18lbs)
12 Bummis Preemie Prefolds (4-9lbs)
12 Bummis Infant Prefolds (7-20lbs)

3 Snappis

Each of the pockets comes with 2 microfibre inserts, so that's 18 overall. I'm wondering what I should add...I'm not too concerned about the OS diapers yet, because I know the newborn stash (once completed) should carry us for the first few months. I didn't intend on buying AIOs, but I got them for a REALLY good deal! I've slowly been adding to my collection every pay day.

I'm thinking about adding...

Newborn:
6 more Infant prefolds
2-4 more covers
6 more Happy Heiny Minis

One Size:
10 more BG 4.0 pockets
6 Flip covers + 18 inserts, + disposable inserts

SO IN TOTAL I WOULD HAVE:

Newborn:
12 Happy Heinys Mini OS Pockets (5-15lbs)
6-8 newborn covers
12 Bummis Preemie Prefolds (4-9lbs)
18 Bummis Infant Prefolds (7-20lbs)

One Size:
4 BG OS AIO
12 BG 4.0 OS Pockets
1 Charlie Banana Pocket
6 Flip covers + 18 inserts, + disposable inserts

Would this make sense? Is this too many, or too few? I want to do laundry every 2nd to 3rd day. Should I go in a different direction? I have no interest in fitteds. The main reason I want more infant prefolds is because I'm now predicted to have a larger baby (heavy 8lbs if baby stays on the same growth curve), but I know I can use the preemie ones for other things.

Should I buy more diapers now, or wait until baby is born and we see what works best for us? The only problem with waiting is that I want to buy more diapers NOW!!! I plan on adding some hemp/bamboo inserts over time.

Should I buy some less expensive OS Pockets to begin with, and slowly add to my BG stash, or should I go for the BG right away (since I'm pretty sure that's where we'll end up, as that is what the majority of people have recommended to me)?

Sorry this is so long. And I feel like it won't make sense to anyone but me. I would have posted this on the CDing forum...but I feel like you ladies know just as much (if not more!).