Topic: Matchy-matchy
View Single Post
April 17th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Hiya!
I am wondering how other mamas feel about that whole concept.

Clearly I have two boys close in age. I also happen to have TONS of friends who also have two + boys close in age (bizarrely not because of that fact...just seems that we all went on to have more boys!)

And some of them constantly dress their children in the same clothes. What's up with that? Isn't part of the fun of having kids is being able to dress them in super-cute clothes and pick things that fit their little personalities? (I mean, come on, I can't be the only one who still kinda loves playing dress-up with my kids!? ).

I guess I just don't get the intrigue of having two kids (twins, non-twins, whatever) and putting them in the same outfits. I love dressing each of my boys nicely...but even their "style" is totally different. My older boy pulls off plaid shorts with polos soooo well and my younger dude looks adorable in jeans, overalls, and anything casual. And their coloring is so different that I don't even like them in many of the same colors. I believe we have ONE matching shirt set (my mom bought them). They wore them on the same day ONCE, at my older sons insistence. And then I never put the shirt on my younger son again. My older son still wears it though. It suits him better.

What about you?
If you have two children of the same gender, do you dress them alike?
If you were to have two children of the same gender, would you do it?
Do you think it's cute? Strange? Fun?