View Single Post
April 17th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Veteran
My sweet baby boy Thomas is epileptic. He had his first seizure at 10 months old, it was a febrile seizure. He had 2 more at 14 months old. He was then seizure free until 45 days ago. He got strep throat, got a fever and had 2 seizures. The doctors have given him 3 different antibiotics and he still has strep throat. His pediatrician is at a loss. In that 45 days of having strep throat he had 9 seizures. I kindof new they weren't all febrile, and demanded a referral to a neurologist. He had his appointment Monday th an eeg, and it confirmed that he has seizure active with partial seizures and clinic tonic seizures. They have started him on medication to hopefully stop the seizures. I am very happy he has a diagnosis and we can start to hopefully stop his seizures and get him healthy again. His nuerologist says he has a 90% chance of growing out of his epilepsy. I am hopeful. Meanwhile I am losing my mind. Imy husband is deployed to Afghanistan right now and will be for x amount of months. I have a 1 1/2 year old also . I don't sleep for fear that he will have a seizure in his sleep and I won't hear it, I feel like I have to watch him constantly, I want him to sleep in my bed with me but he refuses because he likes his big boy bed, and I'm driving myself insane with google. I just don't know how to relax and not stare at him waiting for a seizure. Im so paranoid, worried, scared etc that I'm driving myself crazy. I don't have much help here especially now that even people from my family look at him weird. I just don't know hoe to handle this. Hoe do I not worry myself into insanity.

Thanks for listening lol sorry its so lengthy. Im doing this alone and don't have many people to talk to about any of it.