View Single Post
April 18th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did actually speak with my doctor who is handling my prenatal care. She and I had a long talk about it and she surprised me by saying that a lot of information out here, as my mental health doctor said yesterday, is old and they've entered the process to try to change it and research more. She seems to think that my plan to take less than 2.5 mg of my atypical antipsychotic wouldn't affect baby as harshly as one might think, especially since I'm past my first trimester, according to them. She said there is no telling what valerian root will do by mixing with my brain chemistry and since I have experience on that medication with positive results, she'd like me to try it. They will continue monitoring me closely though. About my anti-anxiety medication, she said that she would NOT be comfortable with me taking it unless there's an emergency such as how bad I was after I saw my abusive ex partner last Sunday. So, I wouldn't be taking it and I don't even think if I'm taking my atypical I'd even really need it all like that. I can usually manage my anxiety and like I explained to her, I had bottles of unused anti-anxiety medication that I got rid of when I found out I was pregnant. We have faith that I won't really need it at all but is okay in an emergency moment.

I think I'm going to try it. That's 2 doctors who said that it wouldn't be so harsh as research on animals has shown and my dose is a lot lower than they usually put typical pregnant women on. So that's where I'm leaning right now. Of corse, I'm not starting until I talk to DH about it. He's my best friend and knows what I'm really like unlike anyone else. He can give me insight that I never even think about and usually does. This is his child also. I know we'd both hate ourselves for eternity if something turns out to not be okay with baby though and it was my fault. We'll see where this path leads us....

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"