View Single Post
April 18th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Super Mommy
Last Monday I did a massive clean out of my kitchen and in doing so put an assortment of things on my window sill. A collection of shells from our beach, my oil burner, a plant, my kitchen witch ornament and a butterfly. As I did I realised that I had something from each of the four elements and a representation of the goddess. I lit a candle and smiled and didn't think much more of it.

That night I was reading a book - Titania's Book of Hours and was reading about the days and their various correspondences, so for the last few days I have been lighting a candle in my oil burner each mornign in the corresponding colour and welcoming whichever deity it is into my home that day and thanking them or asking for their help or both.

So this morning it suddenly occurs to me, I have been using my widowsill like an altart and doing a ritual every morning. DUH!! I keep thinking I have to wait to do "rituals" until I set up my big altar in my room and have all the stuff, when really it can be as simple as a candle on my kitchen windowsill!! I have read that before and I did know it, but I didn't feel it. One of the things I love about Wicca is the ritual and performanace aspect of it. I am guessing the Goddess just wanted me to realise that she loves the simple things too.

Now I just need to find a little something to sit there to represent the God and it will be perfect!