View Single Post
April 20th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would call my style very casual!

I notice a HUGE difference in how I feel about myself when I have new clothes (or new to me clothes, i'm not picky) that I think are flattering on me. I'm also on the bigger side, so I try hard to stay on the side of comfort that avoids 'frumpy'... but I slip up most of the time... right this second I'm wearing pajama pants that shrunk in the wash a few years ago and are half way up my calves. and a tank top from pre pregnancy that I've managed to squeeze into! not leaving the house? not likely to put on real clothes! And HELL NO to wearing a bra if no one is coming over! When going out I like clothes that give me a flattering shape...

I keep up with trends, but I am usually a good year behind on doing them... Usually what happens is I LOVE the look on someone else but lack the confidence to try it myself, usually due to weight/body image stuff or I don't think I'm "cool enough". and then I get to a point of just not caring and finding that I love that trend, for whatever reason. (big chunky necklaces were one, and tights (under long tops or dresses, not as pants) were another one)