View Single Post
April 20th, 2013, 11:10 AM
cw. piffle snot
So...after we had trouble ttc last year and gave up, defeated and frustrated, we decided to book our first family trip for Disney. We were scheduled to fly out on 11/2 and return on 11/9. There's no way that was gonna happen being so close to my due date. I booked on 2/13 which just so happened to be the date of my lmp....wish I had known that then!! I booked everything through Disney, and purchased trip insurance. I just cancelled this morning, Disney cancelled fine, and I have to file a claim with the trip insurance company for airfare. The lady at Disney assured me that they'd process the claim and I'd get a refund for airfare. Well, the insurance company wasn't so confident. She said that pregnancy isn't covered unless there is "complications with pregnancy". ugh. I told her that I was considered a high-risk pregnancy and had to have an emergency c-section with my last baby. She said that doesn't really matter, it all depends on what your doctor writes on the paperwork.

I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we don't get the airfare refunded. It works out to just over 2k (for 5 of us) which we could use on the basement renovation this summer, but we can easily use the tickets to travel to my fathers this summer instead. I'd much rather get the money back though.

Anyone have any experience with this??