View Single Post
April 22nd, 2013, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
SO, all that talk from her mom about how they want the baby to come "naturally" (which means no evening primrose oil, ya know, because they don't want the baby to shoot across the room, and EPO is SOOOOO unnatural) . . . and now it turns out my friend is being INDUCED tomorrow. Yeah, pitocin, the natural choice. Definitely more natural than evening primrose oil.

Sorry, it just burns my biscuits, and NOT because I'm against people using pitocin when they need it NOR because I am against people not using EPO, but because I can't understand how people can act like EPO is the devil and an "un" natural, and then go use PITOCIN, as though that is natural and EPO is not.

It makes me sad too about the lack of birth-education, where people in our country actually think EPO is more dangerous than Pitocin (apparently). It's not my birth, and I'm just happy for her to be meeting her son finally--she's been through a lot to get to this point. I'm not upset with my friend, either. I'm just annoyed by her mom. Thanks for letting me vent.