View Single Post
April 23rd, 2013, 06:24 AM
Veteran
I have a BabyHawk "Oh Snap" and it's adjustable enough for myself and my husband (6'3" around 240) to both wear. I'm certainly not small either.

Carriers are so expensive, you hate to get something that doesn't end up working. I read a lot of reviews on thebabywearer.com before making my first carrier purchase. I just searched and found this article there too:
http://www.thebabywearer.com/article.../PlusSizes.htm

Also not sure what size city you live in, but I know there are some baby wearing commuities around here that will have meetings where you can go and try out several different carriers that they have all brought. Maybe google or search on facebook "city name babywearing" though it might be something better to do after baby arrives. Also, some retailers (of the small, WAHM variety) will have carrier trials where you pay around $10 to try out a carrier for a few weeks. One that I know of off the top of my head is heavenlyhold.com.

I know you never know how big exacly your baby is going to be, but mine get really chunky really quickly (my last baby was over 19 lb at 4 months). If I was only going to own one carrier, I'd want to make sure it was going to be comfortable for a 20-30 pound baby, not just an 8 pounder.

I have a BabyHawk "Oh Snap" and it's adjustable enough for myself and my husband (6'3" around 240) to both wear. I'm certainly not small either.

Carriers are so expensive, you hate to get something that doesn't end up working. I read a lot of reviews on thebabywearer.com before making my first carrier purchase. I just searched and found this article there too:
http://www.thebabywearer.com/article.../PlusSizes.htm

Also not sure what size city you live in, but I know there are some baby wearing commuities around here that will have meetings where you can go and try out several different carriers that they have all brought. Maybe google or search on facebook "city name babywearing" though it might be something better to do after baby arrives. Also, some retailers (of the small, WAHM variety) will have carrier trials where you pay around $10 to try out a carrier for a few weeks. One that I know of off the top of my head is heavenlyhold.com.

I know you never know how big exacly your baby is going to be, but mine get really chunky really quickly (my last baby was over 19 lb at 4 months). If I was only going to own one carrier, I'd want to make sure it was going to be comfortable for a 20-30 pound baby, not just an 8 pounder.