View Single Post
April 23rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
"Shay-see"
I'm determined not to buy anything before 24 weeks... just in case. Ideally I will hold off until 27-28 when we're in the 3rd tri. Looking at baby stuff has been inducing small panic attacks, though, which is helping with my goal of waiting lol. I think it will be easier when we know what we are having and agree on a name. Right now I just feel way too under-prepared.

Anyway, on Saturday was a premier screening of The Last Unicorn which is going back on the big screen for a short time (or as part of this special event which is touring around the country btw). It was also the author (Peter Beagle)'s birthday, and we went to the premier event at the Castro Theatre and paid extra to get access to a "vip" book signing afterward at the Cartoon Art Museum. I had a copy of the novel and a newly purchased copy of the graphic novel for him to sign. I decided while standing in line that I would ask him to sign the graphic novel for my unborn, but with no name or gender, I wasn't sure how that would work.

When it was my turn, I explained the situation and he handled it perfectly - and it brought tears to my eyes. He was signing each book "For _______, Peter S Beagle" but for the belly monster, he went a little bit further.

Pic attached

My husband attended the event with me and we both had a really good time. 100% worth it, if you get the opportunity to go.