View Single Post
April 24th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuatx View Post
I think what makes me most mad is the religious justificiation of bigotry, discrimation and judgement from a group that shares the same religious beliefs as the church my friend is a part of who had a) the first openly gay minister in Canada and b) supports and performs gay marriages.

The bible is clearly open to interpretation in this modern day and age. To stick fast to the literal word is not what ALL Christians are doing, and in ammending the written "word of God" to the times and needs of the people, there is healing and acceptance following in the wake.

I cannot imagine teaching a child that to love another is a sin, whether it is straight, homosexual, bisexual, biracial, inter-religious, etc. That is not the job of the public school system, and I also cannot imagine shielding my child from a public education for fear that they might learn that a man can love another man and that is a fact of life.

My sister is gay, my husband's uncle is gay, we have many gay friends. In this day and age Ii find this attitude completely unacceptable. It promotes hatred, bullying and violent homophobic crimes.
I agree 10000000%

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long