View Single Post
April 24th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Jinnah
All I can say at this point is that we all have a choice to make. The Bible says what it says. We can choose to twist it, ignore it, say it doesn't mean that, that it no longer applies... whatever. God is the same, today, as He has always been. He does not change his mind. We can choose to follow Him, even if that makes us unpopular. We can choose the "popular choice" and turn our backs on God's Word. I cannot tell you what to choose, all I can do is make my own choices for me and for my family.

I think it's awful that some of you want to indirectly call me a bigot, but if that is what I get for believing the Bible, so be it. I can tell you that the gay people I do know, do not view me the way some of you do. BUT, my concern is with God, not with others' opinions of me.

Choose you this day who you will serve. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. I will follow Him no matter how unpopular that makes me. All I care about is what God thinks of me.

It does not matter if some Christian pastor somewhere decides to ignore scripture or twist it to fit their wants. The Bible is very clear on that:

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

That's about all I can say on this. Think of me how you wish. I am okay with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan and nina View Post
Everything I feel and wanted to say has been said and its probably better to not keep hashing this out since her original question has been answered... But I do have a question; and I really do mean it as a question because I'm genuinely curious about it! I just wanted to clarify it, because it could probably also be read as a smart-butt comment.
So if you want to teach your children to be kind to everyone and to not bully, how can you, at the same time, teach them that loving a person of their same gender is a sin and they will go to hell for it? I just don't understand and that has always been one of my big issues with religion. ...
I just wanted to respond to you, Nina, as I can tell you are being genuine. I guess I don't quite understand the question. I do teach my children to be kind and not to bully. I teach them the word of God. We do as God commands, even if it's easier not to.

Can you maybe clarify what you want to know?