View Single Post
April 25th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Veteran
Hi moms, I haven't posted here since I had baby but I really need to vent somewhere to regain some sanity. I have friends and family that I can talk to, but sometimes I feel like I need to keep things to myself to feel like I am doing things right. Which I know is not a great way to do things but I guess that's why I am starting here. First of all, breast feeding has been a constant struggle with my LO. But I have worked my way up to EBF for the last 2 months or so. But now he seems to be hungry all the time and not napping well, partly because he's hungry and partly because he is cosleeping at night and only sleeps well when he's laying beside me, which I cannot do all day because I have a two year old. So I've been giving him formula again. And now tonight has been the first night in months that I didn't have enough breast milk at night so I had to get a bottle. So now I feel like I'm at a crossroads and I don't know if I keep up with my cosleeping and breast feeding all day to get the milk up routine, or to go the other way and just give up and give him formula and start getting him to sleep in his own bed now. Its almost 4am and I can't sleep for the first time since he was born and the anxiety worries me, which is like a vicious cycle. And my poor LO is so irritable and sleep deprived I don't know what to do. I feel like a really horrible mother right now who can't make enough milk for her baby and can't handle the stress anymore.