View Single Post
April 25th, 2013, 10:10 AM
(formerly junie22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Thanks for the info! I want to approach solids with the same "food before 1 is just for fun" approach and wasn't sure how to go about it. When did you start giving it to him 2x per day? Just kinda when he'd tried enough foods?
We started out just giving him one thing to try at a time, and he usually wasn't super-interested in eating much of it. When he started showing more of an interest in actually swallowing more substantial amounts of food and not just playing with it, we started getting him on more of a schedule. He was probably around 7 or 7 1/2 months. I tried to get daycare to give him solids, but that didn't always work so well. So I would try to feed him a little in the morning and in the evening when I would get home.

Now that SIL is on her third week with him, he's in a really good routine of eating and napping and playing. He hasn't had any adverse reactions to foods he's eaten, so I'm hoping we'll be in the clear on allergies. He's also pretty much liked everything he's eaten. The only thing he has outright rejected is a spinach/potato combo. (I think I'd reject that one too. ) I've also found that he likes his purees and oatmeal a little on the thicker side. He'll eat so much better if there's some substance to them. He dribbles out when it's too runny.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; April 25th, 2013 at 02:42 PM.