View Single Post
April 25th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Veteran
How did things work today with your sister?

It doesn't sound like she'd be really receptive to denying your son a treat she's getting her kids already (and dealing with his response). Has she had some major issues with potty training her own children, or has it just not been a priority? Either way, I can imagine her not being on board would make things really difficult to give your son the consistency needed. I'm wondering if there's anything you can do to change that situation with your sister other than looking for other childcare options.

Do you have any time of work that you could commit to working solely on potty training? It sounds like he has the skill, just maybe not the desire. Also, we do a lot of incentives. Like if ipad time is something he really values, could you let him earn 10 minutes of ipad time for each successful potty trip? Like mrsmckenzie suggested, maybe you can come up with rewards/consequences that only you can control. We've been potty training my second son and it's been harder to find his "currency" but he's started really clicking recently. I hope you guys turn a corner soon.