View Single Post
April 25th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Mommy to 3 Blessings!
Thanks for your advice ladies!! I really appreciate it!! I think I will start Sophia more about 5 months or so.....or when I feel she is ready. Everything I read online is telling me 4-6 months depending on the baby. Not sure what I will start with but I will figure that out....will prob do what I did with my other kids. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaWannaBe View Post
Meat?! That's one I haven't heard before.

I am someone that does trust the professionals but the more I hear and the more I read, the more I truly believe that babies will eat when they are ready. Also food is more of a play/learning experience before they are a year old. They should still be getting most of their nutrients from their formula or bf so I would think that covers any iron difficiency issues.

I'm trying to approach solids as a chance for Vivi to learn about food and learn how to feed herself. I'm going to talk w my ped but I'm pretty set on doing a combo of purées and BLW and cereal if for some reason she needs it.

I think it's hard but looking for babies clues about what they need or desire seems to be the best way to go especially when introducing solids IMO. She's s getting most of what she needs from her milk anyway. Good luck mama
I was so thrown when he said meat too but if you read the beechnut meat jars it says starting at 4 months.....never knew that.

"Gina"

Wife to Glenn
Mommy to:
Sarah (15)
Christopher (7)
Sophia (9 months)

Scentsy ~ Certified Independent Consultant
https://ginaamadorong.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Home