View Single Post
April 25th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My first child was born at 36 weeks, induced for pre-e but had already started dilating at 32 weeks due to incompetent cervix. He was 5lbs 9oz. No NICU stay.

My second was born at 35 weeks, premature rupture of membranes, due to incompetent cervix. I had started dilating at 28 weeks and was 4cm dilated by 32 weeks but made it to 35 weeks. She was 6lbs 3oz. No NICU stay.

My third was born at 37 weeks, natural rupture of membranes. When I arrived at the birth center, I was 7cm dilated, which is probably what caused my water to break. He was 7lbz 2.5oz. No NICU stay.

From what I understand, my kids birth weights were really good for their gestation and the lack of NICU stay for my 35 and 36 weeker was considered unusual. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmckenzie1 View Post
My son was born at 37 weeks. He was 6lbs 6 oz and i went home after 3 days with csection. My daughter was 32 and stayed in nicu 8 days for breathing issues. I am a sched csec at 37 weeks due to poss uterine rupture... all babies are different but they are fighters

That is fantastic! I think girls are stronger when born early! Only 8 days when born at 32 weeks is amazing