View Single Post
April 26th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Hello All,

So here is the story of how my life has completely changed 2 days ago. A few months back I met a guy one night at a mutual friends house. We were all drinking and having a good time; one thing led to another as it so often does and we ended up having sex. We ran into each other a few more times over the next few months at that same friends house and the same thing happened. Come to find out I am pregnant and have no flipping clue what to do. I am 24. I am extremely career driven and have been doing my dream job for the last year. I work in the events/wedding industry and sometimes work 15 hours straight on my feet running around when I'm doing events- not exactly conducive to pregnancy. I have been living with my parents to save money and I know they would be shocked but supportive. My friends would also be shocked but they would love and support both me and the baby. I think I want to keep it but the weight of the situation hasn't fully set in yet so I haven't told anyone.

I have no idea how or if I should tell the BD. Is it wrong not to tell him if I decide not to keep the baby? He is a 27 year old marine- he gets out this summer and he is planning on moving across the country for grad school in the fall (or so that's what he told me at some point I think as we don't really know each other at all). I don't even have this phone number. We are friends on facebook but I feel like if I send him a message that says like, "hey we need to talk" or something that will just send him into panic mode. I feel so bad like I have this secret time bomb that can ruin his life at any moment. I have no idea how to go about this whole situation. Is it awful to tell him in an email? What do I say to him? Should I not tell anyone before I tell him? Again, how do I bring this up with him? I feel so scared to tell him... not because he's a bad guy but just because I don't know what kind of guy he is... I don't know him at all.