Topic: Meds?
View Single Post
April 26th, 2013, 06:17 AM
August 2013 DDC Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Gabe View Post
I was on Zoloft until about a week ago. Before I got pregnant I was on 3 medications altogether. I immediately stopped the other two. Zoloft is a safer drug during pregnancy, but i wanted to be completely off of it by 28 weeks. I decided to stop early. I'm having a hard time.. but Im dealing with it 1 day at a time. It's for Dominic.

So as of now I am on Pre natal and I am on extra folic acid as well.

On a side note:: I was really nervous to do the Anatomy scan, I was scared he has a birth defect from my meds.. but he is perfectly healthy and no problems at all!

Kudos to you! I can understand how hard it must be to stop the Zoloft and I give you so much credit for putting Dominic's needs before your own!
I had to stop my Ativan as soon as I found out I was pregnant (it's not deemed safe for pregnancy ), and I am still suffering! I plan to breast feed so I won't be able to start it up again until after she's no longer BFing

As for medications: I take gummy vitamins, extra folic acid, and Lamictal (anticonvulsant). Wishing I could stop the Lamictal but I can't risk seizures right now.
I just got a prescription for acid reflux but I'm not sure what the name of it is (I think it's Nexium?). I haven't picked it up from the pharmacy yet

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*