View Single Post
April 26th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabies View Post
How did things work today with your sister?

It doesn't sound like she'd be really receptive to denying your son a treat she's getting her kids already (and dealing with his response). Has she had some major issues with potty training her own children, or has it just not been a priority? Either way, I can imagine her not being on board would make things really difficult to give your son the consistency needed. I'm wondering if there's anything you can do to change that situation with your sister other than looking for other childcare options.

Do you have any time of work that you could commit to working solely on potty training? It sounds like he has the skill, just maybe not the desire. Also, we do a lot of incentives. Like if ipad time is something he really values, could you let him earn 10 minutes of ipad time for each successful potty trip? Like mrsmckenzie suggested, maybe you can come up with rewards/consequences that only you can control. We've been potty training my second son and it's been harder to find his "currency" but he's started really clicking recently. I hope you guys turn a corner soon.
Nate told me he sat on the potty 4 times yesterday but he never went. She didn't tell me anything. I told her yesterday morning when I dropped him off that he needs to use the potty. Here is my sister's problem... she's lazy. She has a 5 year old who was just diagnosed with a mild form of autism. He is capable of going to the potty, etc. But she won't work with him so he's still in diapers. She also has a 3 year old. She doesn't take them to the potty at all. She's always posting on facebook throughout the day so I know she's not busy. If I call her or text her throughout the day and say "Hey, put Nate on the potty" she will get mad and take it out on him. That's not fair to him. Everyone but my Mom and Sister make Nate use the potty. They just don't care. When he's with me, I tell him he has to use it or there will be no TV or iPad or video games. And he's fine.
and Mason Jacob born 08.12.13