Topic: OT- Interview
View Single Post
April 26th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I'm not sure if any of you remember, but I'm really hoping to get a part time job for next year. There hasn't been much coming up and I kinda figured that all was lost. Most of the PT positions probably won't be available until August when they know more what Kindergarten numbers will be.

Well, one popped up for a part time Eli position, so I applied for it. (it's for K kids that are struggling) I already work in the district and the HR haven't been super helpful and I wasn't even sure how to apply for it. Not to mention, I didn't even know if I was technically qualified for it. Well I ended up writing a letter of interest to the lady I thought was in charge of it and send it off this afternoon. I was really kinda iffy on it, but thought, hey what could it hurt??

I checked my phone this evening (must have been on silent!) and I had a message from the district wanting me to come in to interview for it on thursday! I'm trying not to get my hopes up... but the fact that the response came right after the email I sent makes me feel positive and that I might be a qualified candidate.

2 things though- they want to interview Thursday afternoon (but I'm teaching then... so I'm not sure how that will work? I'm either going to have to take a half day or hopefully she can get me in right after work.) And I feel bad not telling them that I'm pregnant but I also don't want them to hire me because I'm pregnant. (Even though I know that's against the law!)

ANywho... I'm excited about the potential part time opportunity. Hopefully the interview goes well...