View Single Post
April 26th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't blame you. It's actually a pretty scary world these days, the way people act and what people think is okay and how they treat other people

We feel strongly about following through on commitments. We won't make our kids continue to do something they don't want to, BUT before they sign up for anything we explain what commitment they are making and then they have to follow through on that. If they don't want to sign up for a repeat of that commitment, they don't have to. I think it's a good balance between respecting what they want to do and teaching them to respect commitments at the same time. My parents kid it for me, and it can suck a little, but I think it makes a better person and I never felt pressured to continue anything, so it's one of the few things I think my parents did right lol

Disney is awesome! My daughter has gone twice. My boys I haven't taken THERE yet, but they've been to the Seaquariam a few times, the Coca Cola Factory, a few zoos, and the water park. I'd really liked to take them to a water park again soon. That can be SO fun with little ones.