View Single Post
April 27th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnah View Post
As I said above, there is a difference between ceremonial and moral laws. You have mixed the two of them up in that list. I follow the moral laws (although I am not perfect, and if I mess up, I repent). The ceremonial laws were done away with when Jesus died on the cross. I hope that clarifies. So many people make these arguments without truly studying the Bible.

)
So many people do this. Have no understanding of how to study the bible. Different instructions were dispensed to different people at different times. God wasn't confused. Ever wonder why Adam and Eve were told only to eat herb bearing seeds but Moses was instructed to abstain from certain foods like swine? In the New Testament, Paul the Apostle instructed those to eat anything with prayer and thanksgiving. We don't have to follow certain laws that were in the Old Testament. That was for the nation of Israel. Some are interdispensational such as killing, stealing, etc. You have to actually read the Word and know how to study it and not just parrot things heard by others for years. Also, God hates the sin, not the sinner. If you have trusted in Jesus as payment for sin debt (side note: no sin is greater than another), you won't go to hell. I won't be teaching my son to hate saying gays are going to hell. He'll be taught that any sin not forgiven by accepting Jesus' death on the cross is punishable in hell. Period. I'm not teaching him to hate murderers, child molesters, thieves, anyone. There are adults who have a special love for children. They think it's hateful to say what they do is wrong. My son will simply know they Jesus died for all sin. At the end of the day, I think it's a matter of what you think is appropriate for your home. I agree with the OP completely. As long as no one is purposely and blatantly disrespectful, it's just a discussion and a matter of personal belief.