Topic: Sensitive
View Single Post
April 27th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Intactivist
I have done the same thing. My son is 16 months old and in these last 16 months I have lost so many so called friends and family. It's so pathetic that people can get so butt hurt over the way you parent a child. One night at dinner with my Mom and her bf Drake started to fuss, I had not even eaten yet so after attempting to calm him down I got up, went into the living room and started to play with him, and then when he calmed down I went back to eat my cold mean. Well her bf said to me "Babies need to cry. I cried, and I am fine." First of all I hate when people say they did something and they are fine because it's usually about crying or spanking and second off how am I affecting YOU that you need to make comments to me? Who cares that my dinner is cold, my son comes before me eating. I am him Mom and he needs me and I WILL be there no matter what. Ugh I hate the he needs to build an immune system thing. When Drake was 1 week old I had to go to the store, I took him and kept him in his carseat with a blanket over him. He was fussing and I was EBF at the time so I took him out to feed him, when I was done DH wanted to hold him so I said ok, and this guy came up to him and put his hand out like he was going to touch him and I explained no he was just a week old and I swear, this guy looked at me like I just burnt his house down. Even if you do not agree, do not show you don't and make the Mother feel stupid. I agree that you will not leave him with anyone. I have yet to leave Drake, I do not want too and also, I do not trust anyone with him besides DH since everyone seems to think babies can cry, be alone, not be played with and what have you.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(