View Single Post
April 27th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the advice ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerdays12 View Post
I do have experience here. My oldest son had repeat ear infections which started when he was an infant. Because of the fluid his hearing was not 100%. He did get tubes 2 different times. I recommend you do the surgery as soon as the doctors say its time. My sons speech never developed correctly because he could not hear during the most critical time. His speech was so delayed that he did not say his first word until he was about two..and the word was not even an understandable word. It was more of a sound. One thing his ENT told me was to never let him lay down with a bottle because fluid can build up in the ear drum and also to have his head elevated when he slept because it keeps the pressure off the eardrums. His speech is still not 100% even with 7 years of speech therapy.
I'm guessing he is most likely gonna be referred to ENT after Wednesday. We know he can hear cause he reacts to notices, sounds and our voices. I looked up hearing milestones and he reached all milestones from birth to 3 months and 3 months to 6 months. I hate to have him have nothing wrong but ill be thankful if he just needs tubes!

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months