Topic: Well visits
View Single Post
April 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Emily, the stories I could tell you would make your head spin. We've dealt with child services a few times now, and sometimes I just feel like yelling . . . REALLY?! REALLY?!?!?! I breastfed my kids, I am COMPLETELY against even spanking them, they are CLEARLY well fed and get just about everything within reason that they want and definitely everything that they need. But you, whose primary job is to make sure children aren't being abused, are knocking on MY door? I get they need to look into things, but they would seriously drag things out sometimes and would insinuate things with NO evidence (because there is nothing going on for there to be evidence of!) and the whole time I'm thinking, "What child is getting beat right now or left in a dirty diaper while you are interrogating me, while my children are clean, happy, smiling, and eating a healthy snack of boiled eggs, almonds, and fresh berries with a bottle of spring water?"

Sorry to vent, but yeah, things are so out of whack here. then there are the cases where children are dying after being beaten and left in a CAGE in the house or backyard, etc--HOW DID THEY MISS THAT?! I'll tell you how? They were in a hurry to finish up there and get to my house in some kind of mission to prove that the middle-class can be just as guilty as child abuse. I'm not saying that's not true, but don't use our family to try to prove a point if we aren't guilty of anything.