View Single Post
April 29th, 2013, 12:24 AM
I recently found out that I'm pregnant (by accident), and my feelings about it couldn't be more mixed. For one thing, I just left the prospective father...literally right before seeing that first positive home pregnancy test. I have to admit that part of me was excited anyway. There really is something so miraculous about conception when you think about it.

The thing is, I'm a college drop-out who was just planning to finish school. Having a baby would definitely make that harder. More importantly, I'm beyond broke not to mention unemployed! I've been staying with my aging dad since leaving the (ex?) boyfriend about a week ago, and I have no idea how I could possibly support a baby right now. I'm not even supporting myself at the moment.

So, I think having an abortion might really be the most responsible thing for me to do. I don't know if I should bring a child into this world without fully being able to take care of that child. I don't feel like I'm in any kind of position to give that kid all the stability, opportunities and advantages that he or she would deserve.

But I don't actually want to have an abortion.

Truthfully, even though I *think* having an abortion might be the right thing to do, that's not how I *feel* on any kind of emotional level. I know it would be hard for me. I'm likely around six weeks pregnant now, not very far along at all, but I already feel deeply connected to the could-be-baby.

I've never been in this situation before, and I'm torn. I really am. Any advice or insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by moonscoops; April 29th, 2013 at 12:28 AM.