View Single Post
April 29th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Courtney
Lily who is 5 is excited about having a new baby. She's not overly nurturing with babies but I think she just likes the excitement of something new. She did great transitioning with Abri, so I think she'll be fine. We've already got her enrolled in swim lessons for the summer and then she'll start kindergarten and get back to dance again in the fall. She'll be busy with her own activities to not feel like she's missing out on attention.

I'm unsure about Abri, who just turned 3. She knows that she's getting a baby brother but doesn't seem to make a correlation between my ever expanding belly and this brother concept. She loves babies- both dolls and real babies, so that's a plus. But she's always been mommy's girl so I'm worried she won't like when a baby gets to be held all the time and she can't. We've also set her up with swimming lessons this summer, which I'm sure she'll love. We are considering starting her in dance or gymnastics this fall to give her an outlet that burns some of her energy. I think we'll do preschool so she can get some time with kids her own age too.