View Single Post
April 29th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Super Mommy
The first thing most people here will tell you is that if you are conflicted you should not get an abortion. It is, obviously, not a decision you can go back on and if you later regret ending your baby's life there's nothing you can do.

I get the feeling from your post that you truly want to mother this little one and that your biggest fear is lack of financial preparedness. Please be encouraged! Very few if us are in a perfect financial situation when we get pregnant! You have a roof over your head, and there are many, many programs and aid available for people like you who need to get their feet under them. As for college, though it's more challenging with a child, it's definitely not impossible. Your school most likely has an on-campus, very affordable daycare program for students with children. Try and locate a Crisis Pregnancy center near you-- they will have great helpful information about programs to help single moms get a good footing, plus they usually can give you a free ultrasound so you can get a peek at your sweet little one, which is so much fun and very encouraging.

I know it seems overwhelming at the beginning, but giving the gift of life to your small son or daughter is one of the most beautiful and rewarding things you can do in your life, and there is no way you will regret it. That doesn't mean things will always be easy (but are they for anyone?), but when you first feel those tiny flutters of movement and then hold your baby in your arms you will never look back.

I wish you all the best! Please keep us posted! I know other ladies will chime in with encrougement for you -- this is a great supportive group!