View Single Post
April 29th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Again, thanks for the response, ladies!

Melissa, ideally I do want my child to know his/her father. I have no idea if he will want to know his child but I feel like I need to leave that door open since he hasn't given me any reason to think he could be threatening to myself or my child. If I could create the future exactly how I wanted to I would want for the BD and I to be friends and raise this child together although I know there are so many factors that could derail that fantasy.

I am going to take small steps and the first one is going to be to tell my two best friends. Small steps, one day at a time, I can handle that!

Another step is scheduling my first doctors appointment. By my calculations I am just over 5 weeks. I've been reading different things about when I should schedule an appointment- any advice?

I am going to wait to tell him until at least after my first doctors appointment- hopefully that makes it more real to me as I am still not fully grasping the concept that I have a tiny human growing inside of me. I don't think I am going to tell him in person- It's a really good point that he may need a few days to gather himself- Lord knows I did/do.

I cannot tell you guys how much your advice has helped me these last few days... I needed some support and I am so glad I decided to look for it here. I am positive I will be needing more and more advice as I embark on this insane and unexpected journey but on the bright side at least I don't feel completely alone anymore