View Single Post
April 30th, 2013, 02:18 AM
-Child Advocate
I'm sorry you are going through this. I have not been in the situation because I only have one child, but I want to let you know I sympathize you. I'm scared to death to have more kids because of this reason. There are more, but this is one of them. I do have some advice, I do not know whether or not you have tried it but it's worth a shot. DH and I have always said there would be key things we would do if we ever had another baby. I would include Drake in everything possible. I would offer him to help feed the new baby or sit with me while I BF. I would have him pass me a diaper while I changed the new baby, hand me wipes. Clean off the bink, pick out toys for the new baby, etc. I would make him feel like I absolutely NEED him to care for the new baby. Have you tried that? I know that newborns basically need all of you and a toddler can feel left out, so maybe make him feel SO important that he forgets all of your attention is focused onto the new baby. What about when Teddy naps? Do you spend that time one on one with Peter? Again, I am so sorry you are going through this. My hearts hurts for you, I could not imagine my baby crying because he needs me and I cannot tend to him at the moment. We have some amazing BTDT Mammas here, I am sure someone will give you some better advice. I'm sorry. Huge hugs to you!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

When you know better, you do better. And when you do better, you know HINTA.