View Single Post
April 30th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
In the hospitals here you...

-Can't birth anywhere other than the hospital bed. (They will even drug you without your consent to move you to the bed if you fight them about moving--this happened to a friend of mine).

-Can't eat during labor.

-MUST have an IV. They say you can get a waiver, but they won't actually give you one to sign, they just keep harassing you until you agree to get the IV.

-The shampoo/conditioner they provide is awful, so bring your own.

-They provided everything for baby: formula if you are formula feeding, diapers, wipes, etc.

-They provide post-partum pads for mama.

-Baby can sleep i the room with you, they will even allow baby to co-sleep in the hospital bed with you.

-They completely ignore your birth plan, if they even read it at all. (which actually worries me about them maybe vaccinating my child without asking.)

FYI, I had a hospital tour with both my hospital births (2 different hospitals, both "top" hospitals in my tri-state area) and they just LIED OUT THEIR ARSES at the hospital tours. Of course, I didn't know this until it was too late. That said, if I liked being given pitocin to speed things up for the hell of it and getting epidurals and delivering on a bed on my back, etc, then I would have LOVED the hospitals I delivered at. But for my natural, limited intervention birth preferences, I know I need to stay far far away from a hospital or if I go to have a doula at my side the entire time and labor at home as much as possible first.