View Single Post
April 30th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone who is making suggestions! I can use all the ideas i can get

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
When a problem pops up suddenly, it can often be from build up. So a detergent that has worked may slowly be creating a problem that doesn't present itself for months. Some mamas even switch their detergent every other wash or every so often between detergents that work for them to help with this (kind of like switching shampoo brands every so often can help your hair).
I thought of that too and i have tried several different soaps BUT i was trying samples mainly since i didnt want to buy large amounts and find out it wasnt good. I really used more like 2 or 3 times per detergent with about 4 brands. Nothing seemed to be different with any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayssmile View Post
My first thought was the strip the diapers by hot water. It's annoying (especially with an HE), but wash them with just hot water (no detergent) as many times as you can one day.

I agree to avoid using RnG. That stuff created more issues than it solved for me. I've lived and traveled in a lot of areas with various water types (military family) and the only detergent that's worked well everywhere for me is Crunchy Clean. Although for your sake right now I'd use whatever you have handy! You may be using too much detergent for an HE with CDs. Sometimes the issue is not enough detergent, but I'd first consider too much detergent or not enough water to get the detergent that is being used completely out of the diapers.

Another idea I have is that she has a sensitivity. You say without the cream she has issues with disposables too, right? I do know other kiddos who can't use any microfiber or even ANY man made materials (like the stay dry material on AIOs) without there being rash issues. Something to think about!
I did the hot water wash several times and i saw no bubbles coming out and it didnt seem to do anything. I always make sure i have lots of hot water even though its a pain with my HE i keep hitting the "add more water" button until it is full. Almost all of my diapers are natural fibers (cotton, hemp, bamboo) we only have one that has fleece inside and we dont use microfiber at all. Im afraid the sensitivity is the problem. I just dont understand why its all of the sudden since she has worn them or over a year without a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerinSun View Post
That's true. Maybe once the rash is cleared up again try to just snappi a prefold onto her without any kind of a liner and no cover. You'll have to change her as soon as you can feel she's damp but that might help you figure out if it is any cloth at all.

Do the prefolds themselves smell of ammonia when wet?
we've tried prefolds but not without a cover. i dont have any prefolds that are big enough to use snappi'd anymore. i do have some flats though that i could try this with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABs View Post
Do you have a dishwasher? Try putting the diapers in the top rack and see if they strip better that way. I would use vinegar also.
ive heard of this but DH would kill me if i put them in the dishwasher LOL. I might try vinegar next.
DD born 1/3/12