View Single Post
April 30th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Super Mommy
Yeah, the stress of having it higher at an appointment definitely doesn't make it better. I've had pre-e twice now and it's psychosymatic for me whenever they take my BP, it automatically shoots up. I've tried telling my doctor this, but apparently anxiety can't possibly contribute to my BP being high (sarcasm). It's been perfectly normal at home, usually under 125/80 but usually it's even lower than that. Even so my doctor prescribed me labatelol and the first pill I took made me feel really awful, I checked my BP (I have a monitor here) and it was really low, almost too low. So I figured I'll just keep an eye on it and if it starts creeping up then I'll start taking it. At my appointment last Thursday they did a regular dip for protein which came up negative but she still wanted me to do a 24 hour urine catch which I turned into the lab this morning, the protein levels were within the normal range. So I'm not worried at this point. I've been a little less trusting in doctors, they seem to really like to push meds. What makes me really angry was that I tried explaining that I have an anxiety disorder and the fact that I've been induced twice and would really like to go into labor on my own this time makes me very nervous every time they put that stupid cuff on me. Obviously, she doesn't take me seriously. I really wish I could have a midwife and a home birth.