Miralax warning... It's not as safe as the dr made it out to be!
View Single Post
May 1st, 2013, 03:21 AM
Join Date: May 2013
Originally Posted by
Did you know that humans and chimps are both mammals? Even though we're from the same "family", that doesn't make monkeys, humans or humans, monkeys. Even better: did you know that tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants and several other popular and healthy vegetables belong to the nightshade family, a family with many species of toxic plants? According to Wikipedia, "Many members of the Solanaceae [Nightshade] family are used by humans, and are important sources of food, spice and medicine. However, Solanaceae species are often rich in alkaloids whose toxicity to humans and animals ranges from mildly irritating to fatal in small quantities." Just because something is from the same "family" as a toxic substance doesn't make it dangerous. Polyethylene glycol (PEG) and monoethylene glycol (MEG) are not the same thing. Antifreeze (MEG) is toxic and easily gets into your bloodstream if you drink it. Miralax is nontoxic and less than a half of a percent of Miralax (PEG) enters the blood stream. One will kill you, the other will help you.
I am SO glad you posted this; there are way too many bad things out there for people to "create" false bad things. Many don't realize PG is what is in inhalers, many, many foods, lip balms, safe medicines, etc., and just think antifreeze, antifreeze, antifreeze. Diethylene glycol is what is in antifreeze and it is in there to make it non-toxic to animals if they happen to lick it up somewhere. My cousin was flipping out because her children are taking MiraLax and she was "told" it could cause autism and CNS issues and even death. It's not fun having to calm someone down and tell them they were misinformed when it comes to their precious children.
View Public Profile
Find all posts by ambeck22