View Single Post
May 1st, 2013, 11:40 AM
Regular
Sorry you are having a hard time. I definitely know how that goes. DH and I have also been ttc for about a year unsuccessfully. I'm also not in love with my job (have explored everything under the sun from tv, to music industry, to chef, to nanny, to nursing, and now I'm a CNA for the time being) - I have a lot of anxiety about how I think I should be further along in my career/family/life in general, when I compare myself to a lot of my friends. I also have depression so it's really easy for me to get into a tailspin about it all. I can't believe I'm about to say this because it can sound so cliche, but it's so so important to just take things one step at a time. Not let it all mount up until it's overwhelming.

Just do little things for yourself each day that make you feel good about yourself - even if you don't feel like it. I'm feeling particularly depressed at the moment and am forcing myself to go to the gym, even though it's the last thing I want to do, but I know that I will be happy afterwards and feel like I can still accomplish positive things even when all I want to do is curl up and feed into my self-pity/anxiety/impatience about ttc.

Anyway - I hope you feel better and you can always vent here. I will listen and understand because I know how it feels