View Single Post
May 1st, 2013, 05:21 PM
Formerly Number5OnTheWay
With my 1st I had regular periods even though she was exclusively breastfed for 12 1/2 months. With my 2nd and 3rd, once I had my first period, they were all regular. My 4th was breast fed for about 14 months. I had her in August. I had my first period in the following March. Then I didn't have another one until the end of May/beginning of June. I was certain several times I must be pregnant because never before had a I "missed" a period, even when breastfeeding and tested a couple of times during AF's "absence". Then I had a normal period in July, and then I ended up pregnant before the next one would have come along.

So, from my experience anyhow, I've never had a negative test when I was actually pregnant, but my 4th taught me that every pregnancy and nursing experience is different. Now I know that I shouldn't panic if my periods come back irregular at first, but it seems to indicate that I'm becoming fertile again.
Mommy to Jasmine (18), Kirsten (14), Ana (13), Katie (3), Xavier (1), and Gunnar (born 10-15-14)

New picture in progress......