I know this is irrational, but I can't help but worry!
View Single Post
May 1st, 2013, 09:21 PM
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington State
My last baby turned breech at 36 weeks. We went over options for vaginal delivery (there are 2 OBs who will do them here), but I ended up getting her moved back to head down by 37 weeks with some moves from spinning babies. I was TERRIFIED the whole time of needing a c/s and not getting my homebirth we had planned for!
I think it's a rational fear. Talk with your provider about your options in the event of a breech. My midwife would have allowed me to wait until labor started before transferring to the hospital if she were still breech at that point. Interestingly enough a month after my baby was born my midwife ended up delivering a breech baby at a subsequent home birth (baby flipped breech during labor).
Kellisa, Mama to:
Courtney, Nola, Kya, and Whitney
Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!
View Public Profile
Visit Kelllilee's homepage!
Find all posts by Kelllilee