View Single Post
May 2nd, 2013, 01:22 PM
Super Mommy
I agree with Melissa-- the fact the idea of abortion makes you cry and that you're already feeling like you might regret it is a big red flag. I would definitely say you should not be considering it while you're on the fence-- you can't take it back. I think the fact that you already have children would make it much harder to deal with-- the baby inside you is also your child and I think the emotions you have now will not go away.

She's also right that your potential employers are not allowed even to ask if you're pregnant, they cannot decide not to hire you because of pregnancy, you do not need to tell them (and you probably shouldn't), and they cannot fire you becaus of it later. You should not have to factor in the new job in your decision. It's actually great timing because you'll have worked long enough to be on insurance and all that.

Remember too that financial hard times don't last forever. With your two new jobs you'll have things together again soon and things are already looking up. I would very much encourage you to keep your baby as I don't think you will regret this sweet little surprise at all. But I think it's very likely you could end up regretting an abortion especially when you made the decision during a financial pinch.

Best wishes and keep us posted!